Returning your Vehicle
Returning your Vehicle
Returning your vehicle at the end of its contract is easy. Just call your DriverLine and we will arrange to collect the vehicle at a time and location that’s most convenient to you. if you don't know your DriverLine number, please call 0344 4937644. Before you do that, please consider whether there is any damage to the vehicle that requires repair before the vehicle is collected. It’s worth reading the Fair Wear and tear guides below to check whether your vehicle might need some work. If you need to arrange any repairs, or for items to be transferred to a new vehicle, call your DriverLine and we’ll help you make the arrangements.
Wear and tear is damage that occurs as a result of normal usage or ageing. Damage not consistent with normal usage or wear is determined as non-fair wear and tear. To read LeasePlan's fair wear and tear guides please click the following links:
Preparing to return your vehicle
Basically, everything that you were given with the vehicle when it was delivered to you must be returned with the vehicle.
This includes but is not limited to:
- All sets of keys, including master and spare keys
- All original documents such as the owners' manual etc.
- Evidence of the signed/ stamped service history either in the service book OR if providing receipts, in an envelope clearly marked as SERVICE HISTORY on the front.
- Valid MOT certificate (if applicable)
- Radio code cards
- SD's, CD's or DVD's for satellite navigation (delete stored locations for security, such as your home address)
- All removable audio equipment (such as "face off" units)
- All optional equipment fitted to the vehicle that is not a permanent fixture (tow bars, rear dor sun shades etc.)
- All emergency equipment supplied with the vehicle (jack, wheel brace, warning triangle, first aid kit etc.)
- The spare wheel must be on-board and meet the legal requirements
- In case your vehicle has a "tyre mobility set", it must be in a working condition (sealing compound and a 12v compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter)
- The original wheel caps
Remove all personal items
Please also remember to remove all personal effects from your vehicle prior ro collection, such as:
- Music CD's
- Road maps
- Fuel card
Remember to check all storage areas in your vehicle including the boot, glove box, door pockets and all other storage spaces. We are unable to return personal effects left in the vehicle after it has been collected.
Inspect and Collect
For LeasePlan Finance Broker customers, we want to offer you the best experience possible throughout your lease - from start to finish. That's why we've launched our new Inspect & Collect service.
So how does it work?
We understand that wear and tear is part of everyday life, but sometimes our lease vehicles are returned to us with excessive scuffs, scratches or other damage. So when it comes to handing your vehicle back over to us at the end of your lease, we need to inspect it to make sure you’re returning it to us in good condition.
One of our experienced inspectors will come to your home or place of work to check over the vehicle’s interior, exterior and make sure it drives okay, leaving you with peace of mind that your vehicle is being returned in the best condition possible. After the inspection is complete, we'll take your car away with us too.
Our Inspect & Collect service prides itself on being open and honest with you. You'll be present as one of our expert inspectors checks your vehicle, giving you the opportunity to see our thorough and professional examination. You'll be able to see the interim report before we submit it too and, if there are any issues, feel free to discuss it with us there and then.